Scott Funeral Home has a long history of serving the Jeffersonville, Indiana and surrounding communities. William M. Scott and Lois B. Scott founded Combs & Scott Funeral Home in 1930, which was located at 211 E. Maple Street in Jeffersonville, and is currently known as the Bliss house. In 1937, the funeral home was relocated due to flooding to the corner of Graham and Court Avenue where the family served the community until 1954. At this time, the Scott’s decided to build a new funeral home, which is still serving the local community today. Legacy Funeral Center is located at 921 Main Street in Jeffersonville and was the main location until 2001. In 2001, the Scott Funeral Home North Chapel was built at 2515 Veterans Parkway and this second home became the main location of Scott Funeral Home. The new location is located on seven acres and includes the funeral home and a private crematory for the funeral home and our pet cremation service, Faithful Companions. Both the Veterans Parkway and Main Street locations are open to serve the families of Southern Indiana.
Scott Funeral Home is proud to still be family owned and operated as well as dedicated to providing a high level of service and care to our families. Fourth generation funeral directors, William W. "Billy" Scott and Aaron M. Scott, have continued on the family tradition of serving families of their community. Our staff also includes licensed funeral directors, Chad Qualkenbush, Jason Quesenberry, Paige Gaikowski and Hanna Goffinet; secretary/staff minister, Colleen Byrne; advanced planning counselor, Laura Rodich; and office manager, Adam Whobrey.
We are affiliated with the following professional organizations:
- National Funeral Directors Association
- Indiana Funeral Directors Association
- Independent Funeral Directors of Indiana
- Funeral Directors Association of the Falls Cities